Sunday Links comes to you this week on a Thursday. Having changed my essay topic at the 11th hour from Hardy’s poetry to novels about urban degeneration, I am doing some rather frantic reading, hence my radio silence. As I mentioned the other day, I’m also reading King Solomon’s Mines for class, and I was right, it’s definitely not My Thing. In fact, I may be actively disliking it and its colonial horribleness. Still, it’s short. Every cloud, etc.
Elsewhere on the interweb:
- A.L. Kennedy on why its pointless telling anyone that writing isn’t worth it.
- Look! A fish with a transparent head!
- From Mothers for Women’s Lib: Words fail, literally.
- The 2009 Independent Foreign Fiction longlist is out.
- …as is the longlist for the Orwell Prize for Political Blogs (go Alix Mortimer!)
- Unfortunate baby names. Will no one think of the children, etc.
- I’m with Scott Pack on this one.
Now, as you were. And I’ll try and have something proper to say soon.