I have been a bit rubbish at blogging recently, for which I apologise. I have been doing the following:
- The Secret Project, which is going well, but about which I can’t say anything more at the moment (I’m such a tease)
- Reading for class – I have discovered an all-pervading love of Ibsen. Who knew? Now re-reading Jude the Obscure. I loved it the first time, and I’m loving it again this time around. It also adds a certain something to be able to look out of the front window and see the church on which St. Silas was based sitting across the road.
- Reading for pleasure – am very nearly finished The Yellow Wallpaper and Selected Writings and, believe me, the stories are all living up to every iota of the hopes I had for them.
- Reading for pleasure AND blogularity – review of Ali Smith’s The First Person and Other Stories coming soon via another blog. Will post the link when it’s up.
- Hanging out in Cambridge for the weekend, seeing Lovely Lauren, drinking wine, and generally putting the world to rights (see post below).
- More reading. Have decided to write on Ibsen, Zola, and naturalism for this term’s essay.
- This weekend I’m going to London Town to see 3 Women, a play by Sylvia Plath. Woo!
Posts will be more forthcoming, I promise.