According to this morning’s Today Programme, scientists have said that today is the most stressful/depressing day of the year. I think someone says that about every second day, but today it’s apparently down to the end of the festive season, money, cold weather, and going back to work. I would like to state here and now that today has been the most depressing day of 2009 for me for the following reasons:
1. Had to get up early for the first time in 10 days. Boo.
2. Staggered to shower. Caught ankle on the (metal) attic stairs. Bled slightly. Swore a lot.
3. It was bloody freezing because the heating had been off overnight. Had extra-hot shower, trying to cram as much of me under the hot water as possible. This was no easy feat as there is a great deal of me to cram.
4. Had to leave for work with hair still wet. In the three minute walk to work some of my hair froze.
5. Icy pavements. Went for a Burton outside work. Landed unceremoniously on bum. Ow ow ow.
6. Arrived to discover that the one saving grace for today – work lunch in local yummy Lebanese restaurant – has been postponed.
On the upside, I’m back at uni tonight, and I’m looking forward to it. Even if the class is on HG-bloody-Wells. Also, a colleague was in New York over Christmas and brought back everyone some Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Yum.