Elsewhere on the interweb:
- I asked my fellow OUPers for their favourite books of 2008
- Batgirl demands equal pay (via Feministe)
- Also from Feministe: Sorry ladies, but your vagina conflicts with my morals
- Yes, I am entering the Times/Waterstone’s Christmas quiz. The prize is £500 of book vouchers. OF COURSE I’m going to enter!
- Les Miserables sequel novels are allowed to go ahead
- Carol Ann Duffy writes a Christmas poem for The Guardian
- There’s a new book about Charles Dickens and his attempts to help destitute women, and I really want to read it. Perhaps I could buy it with all those Waterstone’s vouchers which I shall so surely win